Set off on a unique 2-day tour from Athens to two of the most stunning parts of Greece: Delphi, believed to be the center of the world in ancient Greece, and Meteora, a complex of unique historic monasteries.
2-Day Delphi and Meteora Trip
Begin your 2-day tour by boarding a comfortable coach from your hotel and relax as you are driven to Delphi, which was believed to be the “naval” of the world by the Greeks. Upon arrival around midday, you will visit one of the most interesting archaeological sites in Greece, listed a UNESCO World Heritage site.
After visiting the Temple of Apollo, you will get back on the bus and head north. Cross the cities of Lamia and Trikala until you reach Kalambaka, a peaceful village situated very close to Meteora, a region with enormous sandstone peaks home to a complex of Orthodox monasteries. You will spend a night in this delightful village.
On the second day, wake up early to enjoy the breathtaking landscape of Meteora, a unique panorama made up of numerous sandstone pinnacles, which were formed under the sea thirty million years ago, and currently one of the most extraordinary destinations in Greece.
Once you get there, you’ll visit two of the monasteries built on the top of these greyish cliffs. You will normally visit Megalo Meteoro (the first abbey to be established in Meteora) followed by St. Stephen’s Monastery, but these can be substituted by other abbeys.
After enjoying a guided tour of the two landmarks, you will head back to Athens. Before you get to the capital, you will stop at Thermopylae to admire the Statue of King Leonidas.
The bus will be back in Athens at around 7pm. The tour will come to an end by dropping you off at your hotel or in the city center, you choose.
The prices shown here are valid for accommodations with double or triple rooms. Guests who want a single room will have to pay a supplement of 40€ for accommodation at a luxury hotel and 28€ at a standard hotel.
Hotel pick up
The tour includes hotel pick-up and drop-off from most hotels in Athens. Click on the following link to see the hotels in Athens that include pick-up option:
You will be sent an email with alternative meeting point information in the event we are not able to collect you from your hotel.
Museum Entry: Children
From the 1st of April 2020, the price of museum entry is not included in the price for children from outside the E.U. between 4 and 12 years old. This price is 50% of the full adult price (i.e. €6 for the Delphi site & museum, to be paid at the start of the tour.
Children from the E.U. and children under 4 do not have to pay. Children should have a form of identification with them at all times to accredit their age and nationality.
The Meteora Monasteries are subject to a flat fee of €6, for all guests.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children 4-12 years old||Children under 4|
Children 4-12 years oldUS$ 104.80
Children under 4Free
Children 4-12 years oldUS$ 121.80
Children under 4Free
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by air conditioned coach.
1 night's accommodation with dinner and breakfast included.
Official English speaking guide.
Entrance tickets to the landmarks and museums.
Tickets for non E.U. children from 4 to 12 years old: € 12 (US$ 13.60) per child.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 2 days before (Athens local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Can you bring suitcases on the trip?
A - Yes, with a maximum of one per person
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.