Delve into the past and discover Ancient Greece on a 4-day trip to Epidaurus, Mycenae, Olympia, Delphi and Meteora accompanied by an English-speaking guide. On the tour, you will also stop at other important sites.
Classical Greece Tour
After collecting you from your hotel in Athens at 8:30 am, you will head west on a comfortable coach until you reach the Corinth Canal, one of the most impressive man-made canals in the world.
Afterwards, continue the journey southwards to Epidaurus. Here, visit its Ancient Theatre, which is beautifully preserved and has surprising acoustics.
Hop back on the bus and stop briefly at Nafplio, a charming seaport town. Then, continue the tour to Mycenae, one of the oldest centers of Greek civilization and now home to one of the most famous archaeological sites.
In the afternoon, visit Olympia, an ancient Greek town and birthplace of the Olympic Games. You will spend the first night here.
The second day of the tour starts with a visit to the archaeological site of Olympia, which accommodates breath-taking landmarks including the altar where the Olympic Torch is lit and the Stadium, where the first Olympic Games took place. Throughout the visit, your guide will reveal interesting information about it.
Leave Olympia behind and set off to Antirio, passing by Patras. Your bus will take the coastal highway to Delphi, once considered the center of the world.
After breakfast, explore the archaeological remains of Delphi and discover one of the most important sites in Europe. Next, visit the Archaeological Museum of the city, home to countless items discovered in the excavations.
After spending a fun-filled day at Delphi, you will head to Kalambaka, a scenic village located at the feet of enormous sandstone rock formations which are crowned with the monasteries of Meteora. You will spend the third night here.
On the last day, you will be driven to the mysterious mountain tops of Meteora bright and early to visit the stunning eleventh century-built cloisters which hang off its cliffs: Aghios Stefanos, Varlaam and Rusanu.
During the return ride to Athens, you will stop at Thermopylae to admire the Statue of King Leonidas.
You will arrive in Athens between 6:30 and 7 pm, depending on the traffic.
This tour includes three nights' accommodation. The prices shown are based on guests sharing double or triple rooms. You will stay in the following hotels or similar, depending on availability:
- Luxury hotels: Arty Grand Hotel (Olympia), Apollonia (Delphi), Divani hotel (Kalambaka)
The tour includes hotel pick-up and drop-off from most hotels in Athens. Click on the following link to see the hotels in Athens that include pick-up option:
In the event that it is not possible for us to collect you from your hotel, you will be sent an email with the meeting point information.
Museum Entry: Children
From the 1st of April 2020, the price of museum entry is not included in the price for children from outside the E.U. between 4 and 12 years old. This price is 50% of the full adult price (i.e. €6 each for the Delphi site, Epidaurus Theater, Mycenae site, and Olympia site to be paid at the start of the tour.
Children from the E.U. and children under 4 of all nationalities do not have to pay. Children should have a form of identification with them at all times to accredit their age and nationality.
The Meteora Monasteries are subject to a flat fee of €6, for all guests regardless of age.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children 4-12 years old||Children under 4|
Children 4-12 years oldUS$ 346.90
Children under 4Free
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Official English speaking guide.
3 nights accommodation with dinner and breakfast included.
All entrances to the landmarks you visit.
Transport by luxury air conditioned coach.
Tickets for children from 5 to 12 years old who are non EU residents: € 30 (US$ 35.50) per person.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Can we take suitcases?
A - Yes, you can take a maximum of two bags per person on the bus.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.