Enjoy a unique afternoon by booking a half-day trip to Cape Sounion, home to the majestic Temple of Poseidon, surrounded practically entirely by sea.
Your guide will collect you from your hotel on an air-conditioned coach and you will head to Cape Sounion, by taking the coastal road which offers spectacular views of the Saronic Gulf and of the following beaches: Glyfada, Vouliagmeni and Varkiza, until you get to the southernmost part of the region of Attica.
Upon arrival, you will visit the Temple of Poseidon, a splendid construction founded in the fifth century B.C., built on a 60-meter high promontory surrounded by the sea.
After enjoying impressive views of the Aegean Sea from the ruins, you’ll have time to relax, take photos and enjoy the stunning and peaceful scenery, before heading back to the capital.
The bus will drop you off at around 6:30pm. You can choose to be dropped off at your hotel or in the city center.
The tour includes hotel pick-up and drop-off from most hotels in Athens. Click on the following link to see the hotels in Athens that include pick-up option:
In the event that it is not possible for us to collect you from your hotel, you will be sent an email with the meeting point information.
Museum Entry: Children
From the 1st of April 2020, the price of museum entry is not included in the price for children from outside the E.U. between 4 and 12 years old. This price is 50% of the full adult price (i.e. €5), to be paid at the start of the tour.
Children from the E.U. and children under 4 do not have to pay. Children should have a form of identification with them at all times to accredit their age and nationality.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children 4-12 years old||Children under 4|
Children 4-12 years oldUS$ 27.20
Children under 4Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking expert guide.
Transportation by bus.
Admission to the Temple of Poseidon.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 36 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.