Join a 5-hour guided tour of Athens and visit one of the most important museums of the capital of Greece accompanied by a professional guide. This tour is ideal for those who wish to discover the best of Athens in a few hours.
Hop on an air-conditioned bus and set off on a panoramic sightseeing tour by bus of the most important monuments of Athens.
The bus will drive past beautiful buildings and squares including Syntagma Square, the National Garden, the Arch of Hadrian, St Paul’s Anglican Church, the Parliament House, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, the Cathedral Basilica of St. Dionysius, the University of Athens, the Academy of Athens and the National Library.
After stopping briefly at the Panathenaic Stadium, you will continue the tour past Zappeion and the Temple of Olympian Zeus.
Next, you will hop off the bus and embark on a guided tour of the world-famous Acropolis, symbol of Athens. Once inside, you’ll visit the beautiful monuments of Ancient Greece, including the Parthenon, the Erechtheion, the Temple of Athena Nike and the Propylaea, before having around 30 minutes of free time to explore at your own pace.
Once you descend the “highest point”, you will head to the Acropolis Museum, the most important museum of Athens. Follow your knowledgeable English-speaking guide and discover the most important works of art and their history.
The tour includes hotel pick-up and drop-off from most hotels in Athens. Click on the following link to see the hotels in Athens that include pick-up option:
You will be sent an email with the meeting point information in the event that it is impossible for us to collect you from your hotel.
Museum Entry: Children
From the 1st of April 2020, the price of museum entry is not included in the price for children from outside the E.U. between 4 and 12 years old. This price is 50% of the full adult price (i.e. €10 for the Acropolis site and €5 for the Acropolis museum), to be paid at the start of the tour.
Children from the E.U. and children under 4 of all nationalities do not have to pay. Children should have a form of identification with them at all times to accredit their age and nationality.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children 4-12 years old||Children under 4|
Children 4-12 years oldUS$ 41.10
Children under 4Free
* The price varies based on the chosen date
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off (in centrally located hotels).
Official English speaking guide.
Transport by luxury bus.
Admission ticket to the Acropolis.
Admission ticket to the Acropolis Museum.
Admission ticket to the Acropolis and museum for children from 5 to 12 years old who are non EU residents (15 EUR per person).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - ¿Podemos llevar equipaje durante la excursión?
A - Sí.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.