Embark on a full-day trip to Delphi from Athens and discover what was once believed to be the center of the world and now, one of the most popular destinations in Greece. It is the perfect place to understand the history of Greece and Greek mythology.
Delphi Day Trip
After collecting you from your hotel you will head to Delphi, a fascinating town declared a UNESCO World Heritage site and home to the world-famous Temple of Apollo on a comfortable bus.
On the way to Delphi you will drive past the hilly region of Boeotia and the city of Thebes, a major site in Greek mythology. The day tour also includes a brief stop at Livadeia.
Upon arrival in Delphi, known in antiquity as the center of the world, you’ll visit the Monument to the Argos Kings, the Athenian Treasury and the famous Temple of Apollo. Next, you will marvel at the masterpieces housed in the Delphi Archaeological Museum, including the impressive Charioteer of Delphi.
After having a delicious traditional Greek lunch at a family-run restaurant (optional) you will return to Athens, stopping at Arachova, a picturesque mountain town established on the southern mountainside of Mount Parnassus.
The bus will drop you off at your hotel at approximately 6:30 pm.
The tour includes hotel pick-up and drop-off from most hotels in Athens. Click on the following link to see the hotels in Athens that include pick-up option:
You will be sent an email with the meeting point information in the event that it is impossible for us to collect you from your hotel.
Museum Entry: Children
From the 1st of April 2020, the price of museum entry is not included in the price for children from outside the E.U. between 4 and 12 years old. This price is 50% of the full adult price (i.e. € 6 (US$ 7)), to be paid at the start of the tour.
Children from the E.U. and children under 4 do not have to pay. Children should have a form of identification with them at all times to accredit their age and nationality.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children 4-12 years old||Children under 4|
|Tour with lunch||
|Tour without lunch||
Tour with lunch
Children 4-12 years oldUS$ 58
Children under 4Free
Tour without lunch
Children 4-12 years oldUS$ 50.50
Children under 4Free
* The price varies based on the chosen date
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Hotel pick and drop off.
Official English speaking guide.
Transport by coach.
Entrance tickets to the various monuments.
Tickets for children from 4 to 12 years old who are non EU residents (€ 6 (US$ 7) per person).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - What is the difference between the excursion to Delphi and the 2 day tour to Delphi and Meteora?
A - On the excursion to Delphi you'll visit the Delphi Museum and and the archaeological site. The 2 day excursion first visits Delphi to later visit Kalambaka, fromwhere we'll leave on the second day.
Q - Can we take suitcases?
A - Yes, you can leave your suitcases on the bus.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.