The Museum of Cycladic Art in Athens is home to numerous Greek and Cypriot archaeological pieces. Delve in and find out more with this ticket.
What is the MAC?
Since its inauguration in 1986, the MAC (Museum of Cycladic Art) has been one of the most notable archaeological centres in Athens. Its permanent collection houses more than 3,000 pieces from continental Greece, Cyprus and the Cyclades, with special emphasis on Cycladic Art of the 3rd millennium BC.
The MAC Exhibition
The permanent collection of the Museum of Cycladic Art is set out on three floors. Each of these floors is dedicated to a different theme:
- Cycladic culture: this floor houses a large selection of weapons, ceramic pieces, figures, jugs and other objects created in the central islands of the Aegean Sea in the Copper and Bronze Ages.
- Ancient Greek art: this permanent collection on this floor enables you to discover the origin and later development of one of humanity’s most transcendent civilisations and the founder of democracy.
- Cypriot art: this floor address the history of the different ancient communities and civilisations that have colonised the island of Cyprus, a strategic point for the control of the Eastern Mediterranean.
MAC Opening Times
The museum is open to the public during the following times:
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday: 10 am to 5 pm.
- Sunday: 11 am to 5 pm.
Not only is the museum closed on Tuesdays, but it also closes on Clean/Ash Monday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday, and Holy Spirit Monday. The exact dates of these festivities changes each year, as such we recommend checking in advance of your visit when these festivities are celebrated in Greece.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Ticket to the MAC
Over 65sUS$ 4.10
18-26 years oldUS$ 4.10
EU Students (with accreditation)US$ 4.10
People with disabilityFree
Ticket to the permanent collection of the MAC.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Yes (you must attend with a carer).
Museum of Cycladic Art.