Explore Classical Greece on a full-day trip to the Corinth Canal, Epidaurus and Mycenae. You’ll delve into the history and culture of Greece by discovering the Argolis peninsula.
Leave Athens behind and head west to the Corinth Canal, an impressive man-made passage. Here, you’ll stop briefly to admire one of the most impressive engineering works of art ever made.
Afterwards, you’ll continue the journey to Epidaurus, where Apollo’s son Asclepius was born. Upon arrival, follow your knowledgeable English-speaking guide to its Ancient Theatre, one of the best-preserved constructions from Ancient Greece. It is also famous for its surprising acoustics.
Before you leave Epidaurus, you’ll visit its Archaeological Museum. As you discover its rooms, learn about the ancient medical techniques which were carried out in the Temple of Asclepius, sacred to the Greek God of medicine.
After visiting the museum, hop back on the bus and admire the fertile valleys full of orange trees until you get to Mycenae. This ancient town was one of the most important centers of Greek civilization. Upon arrival, tour its archaeological site, home of the legendary Agamemnon. Your guide will expose parts of the Iliad and the Odyssey.
After visiting the citadel, the striking Lion’s Gate and the Tomb of Agamemnon you will head back to Athens, arriving at approximately 6:30pm.
This tour includes an optional lunch at Mycenae. The 3-course meal consists of a starter, a main course (both traditional Greek food) and dessert. Drinks are paid separately.
The tour includes hotel pick-up and drop-off from most hotels in Athens. Click on the following link to see the hotels in Athens that include pick-up option:
You will be sent an email with the meeting point information in the event that it is impossible for us to collect you from your hotel.
Museum Entry: Children
From the 1st of April 2020, the price of museum entry is not included in the price for children from outside the E.U. between 4 and 12 years old. This price is 50% of the full adult price (i.e. €6 for the Epidaurus Theater and €6 for the Mycenae Site), to be paid at the start of the tour.
Children from the E.U. and children under 4 do not have to pay. Children should have a form of identification with them at all times to accredit their age and nationality.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children 4-12 years old||Children under 4|
|Tour with lunch included||
|Tour without lunch||
Tour with lunch included
Children 4-12 years oldUS$ 59.30
Children under 4Free
Tour without lunch
Children 4-12 years oldUS$ 51.60
Children under 4Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Official English speaking guide.
Tickets for children from 4 to 12 years old who are non EU residents (€ 12 (US$ 14.30) per person).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Is there a meu for celiacs?
A - No. Outside Athens it's difficult to find restaurants with gluten free food