Athens Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour
Explore the capital of Greece with style on a hop-on hop-off sightseeing bus. Learn about the history and culture of Athens on this double decker open-top bus as you admire its striking landmarks.
Routes and stops
Choose any of the 5 different routes and enjoy interesting pre-recorded commentary in English as you drive past the city’s stunning monuments and neighborhoods. The most important stops are Syntagma Square, Acropolis, Parthenon, Temple of Olympian Zeus, Panathenaic Stadium, National Archaeological Museum of Athens, Omonia Square, Marina of Mikrolimano and the Cruise Port.
Find more information on each route here below:
- Orange line: Take this line to discover the Acropolis and the Parthenon and the city’s main attractions. Moreover, the bus also stops at Hadrian’s Gate, Thissio neighborhood and the National Library.
- Blue line – Piraeus: The blue line connects the Cruise Port with the city center. Some of its most interesting stops are: Pasalimani, Turcolimani, as well as the new Acropolis Museum.
- Yellow line: Explore both the historic center and the new city on this route, including Flisvos Marina, Aghios Kosmas beaches or the alternative neighborhoods of Athens.
- Green line: Take this line if you wish to visit Vouliagmeni, an area full of pretty beaches.
- Happiness Train – Piraeus: If you want to discover the port, this is the best line. It will drive past the Municipal Theatre or the Naval Museum.
Check out the various routes and stops using the following link:
- Athens sightseeing bus routes & stops (from April to October)
- Athens sightseeing bus routes & stops (from November to March)
How it works
Your ticket is valid for 48 consecutive hours from the first time you use it, meaning that if you get on a sightseeing bus for the first time on a Monday at 3pm, your ticket will be valid until Wednesday at 3pm.
During these 48 hours, you can hop on and off as many times as you wish at any of its stops to visit the city’s top sights, including Syntagma Square, the Acropolis or the Panathenaic Stadium.
After booking this activity, you will be sent an email with your voucher attached. Print the voucher and show it to an employee on the first bus you take.
During high season, you can also enjoy a ride on the Athens tourist train. You'll be able to explore the city in a fun way, on a journey that'll allow you to discover iconic places such as the Municipal Theatre, Korai Square, the port of Microlimano, the Archaeological Museum, the Hellenic Maritime Museum and the Lions' Gate.
Schedule & frequency
Hop-On Hop-Off Bus
The Athens sightseeing bus operates every day of the year from 9 am to 5:20 pm, with buses running every 30 minutes. During the winter months, it operates from 9 am to 5 pm with buses running every 25 to 30 minutes.
The Athens tourist train runs daily, between March and November, with departures every 30 minutes between 8 am and 4 pm.
The activity takes place with recorded commentary in English.
Unlimited use of the Sights of Athens buses for 48 consecutive hours.
Athens tourist train (only from March to November).
Prerecorded commentary in English.
WiFi on board.
When to book?
You can book up to 2 days before (Athens local time) if there are still places available. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Type of voucher
Electronic. Show the voucher on your phone.
Wheelchair accessible. This must be indicated in the reservation.
All services published on Civitatis are carried out in accordance with our Sustainability Code. Specifically, this activity applies the following practices: Show more
No single-use plastics are used.
The activity helps the dissemination of local cultural heritage.
No printing of documentation required.
Promotes local employment.
Has a gender equality policy.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Can I take luggage from Piraeus to Athens in the bus?
A - Yes.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us .